of Musical Instruments
$5.00 per student
Suitable for Science classes and
Year 7 to Year 12
unusual and historic musical instruments,
to illustrate various aspect of Science.
- Various instruments are used to demonstrate
things that all musical instruments must have:
- something that vibrates,
- some way of controlling
- some way of making the sound produced louder.
- Early gramophone records are used to
between vibrations and sound.
- The Stroh Viol is used to illustrate how horns
- Various rare musical instruments (Nose Flute,
Harp, Musical Saw) are used to
larger things vibrate with lower
frequencies than smaller things.
- Chladni Plates are used to demonstrate some
spectacular standing waves.
- testing hearing for range of frequencies
- wave pattern of various instruments
- measuring loudness of a fog horn
- care of ears, and
- demonstrations of historical